Saturday 30 April 2011

Royal wedding

I hope everyone who had the day off yesterday for the royal wedding had a good time and enjoyed themselves. I had a really great day, to be honest, I had a much better time than I expected! I'd invited one of my friends to stay over to watch the wedding and to come to a BBQ of one of our mutual friends. We got up around 10.30 and watched the wedding whilst eating breakfast. I really liked Kate's dress, quite understated but very flattering, and I thought the bridesmaids were really cute! Prince Harry looked so nervous, bless him, but you could see the support he was giving to his brother and how proud he was of him. I was slightly disappointed the Queen did not have a blanket which matched her dress, I mean, a couple of billion people were watching, she could have at least colour co-ordinated! (sorry, I looked for a photo, but can't seem to find one)

After the wedding, we made our way over to Kathryn's. The weather was lovely, so we spent all afternoon and evening in her garden, just chatting and laughing. It was so nice to have a day off, where I didn't think about uni work at all. I'll leave you with a photo of my cupcake which I had at Kathryn's, very appropriately themed!


What did you get up to?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great - did you notice how the Queen flipped her blanket off onto the floor of the car before she got out!?!? Thought that was brilliant!!

    Sadie x
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. cake looks yummy!!! i was listening to it on the radio on the way to bristol!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love receiving comments, it's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :)! So let me know you're out there: say hello, share similar experiences or let me know if you've any hints or tips!

Catherine
x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...